MCFD challenges residents to make a New Year’s resolution to educate themselves on the safe and responsible use of consumer fireworks and shares the following Safety Tips:
- Only use fireworks outdoors free of overhead obstructions and away from dry grass or other flammable materials.
- Never give fireworks to young children.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Always have a bucket of water, and charged water hose, nearby.
- Dispose of spent product by wetting it down and place it in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until morning.
- And remember, ALCOHOL AND FIREWORKS DON’T MIX!
See more Safety Tips at www.FireworksSafety.org